One Dead After Suspected Drug Overdose at Sydney's Transmission Music Festival: Report
26-year-old Kieran Ngo has been identified as the deceased.
A man has died after attending the Australian techno music festival Transmission, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Kieran Ngo, 26, an employee of Commonwealth Bank, was taken to the Bankstown Hospital around 1:30am the morning after the music festival to be treated for a suspected drug overdose. He reportedly passed away shortly after his transport to the hospital, where police arrived at 3am to open an investigation into his death.
Ngo is believed to have consumed MDMA, according to the Herald. 12 other attendees have been hospitalized for suspected drug overdoses over the weekend in the wake of Transmission.
According to police, six were charged after allegedly being found with MDMA. The arrests included a 23-year-old man who was reportedly found in possession of 253 MDMA tablets and a 21-year-old man found with 149 tablets.
In 2020, a 19-year-old smuggled more than 1,000 MDMA capsules into Transmission. He was one of six who were apprehended and found in possession of MDMA that year.
The 2023 edition of Transmission Music Festival was held at the Sydney Showground on Saturday, February 11th. More than 18,000 people were in attendance.
We at FOTOLITERA.com extend our condolences to Mr. Ngo’s family and friends during this difficult time.